RN Care Management Coordinator - Ambulatory - Burn
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Burn Support - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the FHC Manager, this position assumes advocacy and accountability for an identified group of patients as part of the Patient-Centered Medical Home Program during all or part of the continuum of care. Provides a single standard of care to patients using evidence based disease state management clinical pathways. Though the emphasis will be on primary disease prevention and improving quality of care for chronically ill patients, the program will include outreach to patients to be more engaged in their overall health and wellness. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development; assesses data reflective of the patient's status; and identifies each patient's requirements relative to age specific needs along the continuum of care. Collaborates with the health care team members to identify appropriate utilization of resources.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of broad clinical experience predominately in clinical nursing and case management.
- Prefer one to three (1-3) years experience in ambulatory disease state management or equivalent nursing experience.
- Requires a current, valid AZ or compact state RN licensure. Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Specialty certification, CCM, CPUR or CPUM is preferred.
- Prefer AWHONN membership.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Ambulatory disease state management practices and pathways, current payor contracts, Milliman Care Guidelines, HEDIS criteria, Valleywise Health policy and procedures, regulatory standards ensuring the high quality and safe standard of care.
- Must possess intermediate computer skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and ability to establish and maintain excellent rapport with physicians and other health team members.
- Critical thinking ability is essential.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.