RN Care Management Coordinator - Pool
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager or Director of Care Management, the RN Care Management Coordinator is part of the interdisciplinary team and serves as the expert in discharge planning. This position is responsible for the assessment, identification of needs and coordination of care and services to facilitate the patient's progression through the continuum of care in a timely and cost-effective manner. The RN Care Management Coordinator assumes a leadership role, and works collaboratively with the patient, family, interdisciplinary team internally and externally to identify desired outcomes and develop a safe plan of care.
Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recent acute clinical hospital experience, preferably in Case Management and/or Utilization Management.
- Trained in Epic, InterQual, Midas and internally used software programs is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Prefers specialty certification in utilization or case management must be obtained within 30 months of hire.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of case management, hospital, community resources and resource/utilization management.
- The position requires excellent communication and clinical skills and ability to maintain professional rapport with physicians.
- Requires extensive knowledge of evidence based clinical guidelines, best practice, workup, treatment, prognosis and hospital procedures.
- Critical thinking ability essential.
- Strong critical care skills, understanding of medical documentation and pathophysiology.
- Knowledge of acute care criteria sets and state and federal reimbursement programs.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Pool Rate $47.75
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $47.75/hour
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 37664