RN Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Full Time Nights
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: NICU - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), a Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must successfully complete the Valleywise Health New Graduate RN training program or have prior acute nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous acute care hospital experience in the area for which he or she is applying for is preferred.
- In addition the following experience will be required for the following departments:
- Benefitted Float Pool: Must have at least two (2) years of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse and be able to float to at least four (4) departments within a minimum of two service lines for which approved competencies must be demonstrated.
- Cardiac Cath Lab: Must have one to two (1-2) years recent clinical cath lab experience.
- Trauma/ED: Must have at least six (6) months of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably working in a Trauma/Emergency department.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Additional certification or continuing education may be required upon acceptance into the position based on area of practice:
- APCU/Step Down- ACLS required upon hire
- Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Burn- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 12 months
- Burn Med Surg- ACLS required upon hire
- Cath Lab- Must have ACLS certification at time of hire or transfer
- ED- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
- ENDO- ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification preferred
- Heme/Oncology Clinic- Chemo Certification required within 6 months
- L&D- ACLS & NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within 6 months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than 2 years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every 2 years through an approved course.
- McDowell Clinic- HIV certification required within 30 months.
- Medical Imaging- ACLS required and PALS must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Medical / Surgical - ACLS required upon hire. For the 6th Floor staff ONS (Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card) within twelve (12) months of hire or transfer.
- MICU and SICU- Must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire or transfer. For SICU area ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months
- NICU- NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Nursing Float Pool - ACLS required upon hire.
- Nursing Internal Resource Pool - ACLS required upon hire.
- OR- CNOR certification is preferred.
- PACU- Must obtain ACLS & PALS within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months.
- Peds- PALS, NRP certification is required within 6 months; CPN certification is preferred
- Peds ED- PALS, ACLS, & ENPC must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer; and TNCC or ATCN must be obtained within 12 months; CPEN certification is preferred
- PICU- PALS certification within 6 months; ACLS or NRP within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC must be obtained within 12 months; ACLS, PCCRN or CCRN certification is preferred
- Post Partum- NRP is required within 6 month of hire or transfer; Intermediate Fetal Monitoring is preferred.
- PreOp- ACLS or PALS required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.