RN Nights Decision Unit
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Incident Decision Unit Flr 3 - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), a Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must successfully complete the Valleywise Health New Graduate RN training program or have prior acute nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous acute care hospital experience in the area for which he or she is applying for is preferred.
- In addition the following experience will be required for the following departments:
- Benefitted Float Pool: Must have at least two (2) years of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse and be able to float to at least four (4) departments within a minimum of two service lines for which approved competencies must be demonstrated.
- Cardiac Cath Lab: Must have one to two (1-2) years recent clinical cath lab experience.
- Trauma/ED: Must have at least six (6) months of hospital based experience as a Registered Nurse, preferably working in a Trauma/Emergency department.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Additional certification or continuing education may be required upon acceptance into the position based on area of practice:
- APCU/Step Down- ACLS required upon hire
- Antepartum Testing Center- Advanced Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Burn- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 12 months
- Burn Med Surg- ACLS required upon hire
- Cath Lab- Must have ACLS certification at time of hire or transfer
- ED- Must obtain ACLS and PALS certification within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months. Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification is preferred.
- ENDO- ACLS and PALS required within 6 months of hire or transfer. Society of Gastroenterology Nurses and Associates (SGNA) certification preferred
- Heme/Oncology Clinic- Chemo Certification required within 6 months
- L&D- ACLS & NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer. If less than 2 years of RN L&D experience the candidate must complete AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Monitoring class within 6 months and AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within 2 years. If greater than 2 years of RN L&D experience will need to complete AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring within 1 year. Advanced Fetal Monitoring must be maintained every 2 years through an approved course.
- McDowell Clinic- HIV certification required within 30 months.
- Medical Imaging- ACLS required and PALS must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Medical / Surgical - ACLS required upon hire. For the 6th Floor staff ONS (Chemotherapy Biotherapy Card) within twelve (12) months of hire or transfer.
- MICU and SICU- Must obtain ACLS certification within 6 months of hire or transfer. For SICU area ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months
- NICU- NRP required within 6 months of hire or transfer
- Nursing Float Pool - ACLS required upon hire.
- Nursing Internal Resource Pool - ACLS required upon hire.
- OR- CNOR certification is preferred.
- PACU- Must obtain ACLS & PALS within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC certification must be obtained within 12 months.
- Peds ED- PALS, ACLS, & ENPC must be obtained within 6 months of hire or transfer; and TNCC or ATCN must be obtained within 12 months; CPEN certification is preferred
- PICU- PALS certification within 6 months; ACLS or NRP within 6 months; and ATCN or TNCC must be obtained within 12 months; ACLS, PCCRN or CCRN certification is preferred
- Post Partum- NRP is required within 6 month of hire or transfer; Intermediate Fetal Monitoring is preferred.
- PreOp- ACLS or PALS required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.