RN Patient Care Consultant Pool (Wound & Diabetes Care)
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Wound & Diabetes Care - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem - Varied Hours
Under the direction of the Professional Practice Manager, this position develops and implements plans of care for patients with stomas, wounds and pressure ulcers. The RN Patient Care Consultant prepares and conducts preoperative and postoperative instructional sessions for patients and families, provides advice and counseling to patients and confers with physicians and nurses on enterostomal/wound treatments and procedures. This position is expected to practice autonomously, utilizing evidenced based practices. Care provided reflects support of the mission, vision and values of Valleywise Health and the philosophy of the Division of Nursing and reflects the nurses' primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and/or community.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years nursing experience in the area of ostomy/wound care that that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have a current, valid Arizona RN license, or compact RN license, or Nurse Practitioner license.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Wound, ostomy and/or continence nurse certification is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed.
- Requires demonstrated leadership ability with a strong incentive to succeed.
- Must have ability to work autonomously and in group settings, be flexible and be able to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs.
- Requires the ability to manage time and stress effectively, and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Must demonstrate effective problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to remain calm and customer focused during stressful situations.
- Requires computer literacy, facilitation skills, ability to handle multiple complex projects, excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, critical thinking, SBAR communication model.
- Must demonstrate continued compliance with Valleywise Health policies and procedures, standards of care, and documentation.
- Must be able to model professional behavior.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bilingual is preferred.