RN Peds Acute
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Peds Acute - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
This position qualifies for a sign-on bonus of $18,000. Terms and conditions apply.
Under the direction of a Nurse Manager (or Executive DON, Ambulatory), a Clinical Nurse provides professional skilled age specific nursing care for patients in collaboration with the physician and other disciplines. Performs all aspects of patient care, including but not limited to: patient assessment, medication administration; identifying nursing problems; plans of care; provides or delegates care according to Valleywise Health policies; functions as a client advocate and educator; completes and processes all required documentation; indirectly supervises ancillary personnel as directed; and participates in team building and quality improvement activities. The position demonstrates the professional skills and behaviors to promote comprehensive, cost-effective, and meaningful healthcare for consumers in a diverse healthcare environment.
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Pension Retirement Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly pay rate: $32.84 to $48.44
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must successfully complete the Valleywise Health New Graduate RN training program or have prior acute nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Previous acute care hospital experience in the area for which he or she is applying for is preferred.
Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
Must be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
Requires a BLS card obtained through American Heart Association (AHA) training center upon hire.
- PALS upon hire or transfer and NRP within 6 months or ATCN/TCAR/TNCC within 12 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
Bilingual is preferred.
Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.