RN Service Line Manager - Endo + GI
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: CHC Specialty Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing and Service Line Leadership, this position will provide effective business management. Responsible for the overall functions of clinical operations within the Service Line, including assigned specific programs and initiatives, as well as oversight of nursing and clinical team practice development including, but not limited to, partnering with the Center of Clinical Excellence and other departments with a clinical focus. This position collaborates to identify and support opportunities for managing and improving efficiency, resource utilization, budget, safety, and patient outcomes and satisfaction. Serves as a clinical resource to staff, physicians, vendors and other departments. Acts as an interdepartmental liaison to coordinate safe, efficient and cost-effective delivery of service.
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years or progressively responsible specialty medical services experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year experience in area of specialty.
- Requires prior supervisory/management experience, preferably within an ambulatory environment.
- Prefer recent experience in procedural areas i.e., Infusion Center, Cardiopulmonary, Surgical Specialties, Medicine Subspecialties.
- Must have Yellow Belt certification within 24 months of hire into position.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona RN license and be in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to build and maintain effective communication and working relationships with staff, physicians, vendors, patients and their families is required.
- Must be proficient in managing quality of care and financial performance over assigned areas.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with business and key stakeholders.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $41.56 to $61.30