RN Supervisor Care Management - Full Time - Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Care Management
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the department manager or designee, the Supervisor will oversee utilization review, care management, and other staff and areas as assigned. This position will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Care Management, Population Health and other programs as assigned within Valleywise Health. This position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of ambulatory practice standards which support delivery of patient-centered, cost effective and quality driven care. The individual will work with leadership in measuring coordination/population health care outcomes. Duties include data collection, analysis and reporting to ensure ongoing compliance with all Utilization Review/Care Management practices.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing.
- Requires at least three (3) years of progressively responsible healthcare care management related experience(e.g. regulatory/ accreditation programs and care management) that demonstrates a solid understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prefer prior supervisory experience.
- Requires certification in care management/quality (eg ACM, CCM, CPHQ, CCCTM) within six (6) months of hire.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of care management guidelines and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Requires competent computer skills including typing skills and use of Microsoft applications.
- Must have hands-on experience and knowledge of MIDAS, Epic EMR system and care management concepts requirements.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires basic computer word processing skills (e.g. formatting, editing, printing, composing email, internet searches, etc.) to be able to successfully navigate through an electronic medical record using a computer.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.