RN Utilization Review Coordinator Pool
Facility: Valleywise Behavioral Health Center - Phoenix
Department: BH Care Management
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager or Director Care Management, the RN Utilization Review Coordinator is part of the interdisciplinary team and serves as the expert in utilization management. This position is responsible for determining the appropriateness of hospital admissions and medical necessity for continued stay, assuring medical documentation accurately reflects the severity of illness and acuity of the patient. This requires a proficiency in clinical criteria, evidence based practice, regulatory compliance, reimbursement sources, and the health care delivery system. The RN Utilization Review Coordinator is responsible for assuring the appropriate use of resources, and facilitating the patient's progression through the continuum of care in a timely and cost-effective manner. This position works with managed care plans, third party payers, the business office and the interdisciplinary team to ensure authorization for reimbursement at the appropriate level is confirmed to ensure payment of expected reimbursement.
Flat Rate: 47.75
Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Must have at least three (3) years of recent acute clinical RN hospital experience; preferably in case management and/or utilization management.
- Trained in Epic, InterQual, Midas and internally used software programs is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a current, valid Arizona RN licensure and be in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of case management, hospital, community resources and resource/utilization management.
- The position requires excellent communication and clinical skills and ability to maintain professional rapport with physicians.
- Requires extensive knowledge of evidence based clinical guidelines, best practice, workup, treatment, prognosis and hospital procedures.
- Critical thinking ability essential.
- Strong critical care skills, understanding of medical documentation and pathophysiology.
- Knowledge of acute care criteria sets and state and federal reimbursement programs.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Behavioral Health Departments - Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member’s scope of practice.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $47.75/hour
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 39122