Security Officer I
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: Security - West Valley
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Security Manager, this position is a first responder to emergencies, CODES, and incidents requiring a security response to effectively ensure the safety of staff, visitors, patients and others. Patrols the facilities and grounds, investigates incidents including theft, vandalism, assaults, and other criminal activity; and provides routine security for events as designated. The position includes working numerous posts throughout the hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and clinics across the Valleywise Health System.
Salary Range: $18.24 - $26.90
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Requires one (1) year of experience in a field related to law enforcement, or security that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must successfully complete and pass the firearms training course and Security Services designated Qualification course within six (6) months of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must complete Defensive Tactics training within six (6) months of employment.
- Taser training is required and will be conducted during employment.
- Must attend all quarterly and annual training sessions which include firearms, tactics, defensive tactics, medical skills, active shooter response and other assigned tactical training.
- Must complete annual operational skills and on-the-job training.
- Must complete all annual training requirements in Hospitality, Emergency Procedures, Patrolling, Restraints, De-escalation, and Use of Force.
- Requires NCI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) certification through CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) within six (6) months of employment.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver’s license in good standing (No Criminal Record).
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
- Must complete all require medical requirements i.e. TB testing, FLU shot, and mask fitting
- Must complete all assigned academic modules through APEX, Power DMS etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Position requires employee to carry and potentially use firearm.
- Requires a working knowledge of Arizona State Laws/City Ordinances, Public Relations and Investigative techniques.
- Must have ability to write legible, concise, and comprehensive security reports using correct grammar and spelling.
- Requires skill to exercise tact, understanding, self-restraint, judgment, and confidentiality in dealing with people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires a fitness level required to perform all duties including response to emergencies, navigating multiple levels of stairs, physically controlling violent individuals and completing all physical components of training requirements.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $18.24 to $26.90/hour
$18.24 - $26.90
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38261