Security Officer I
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Security - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
The mission of Valleywise Health Security Services Department is to provide protective services to the Special Health Care District by maintaining an acceptable level of order, control, and safety in an efficient, customer service-oriented manner. The Team is always there to support the Valleywise Health mission to provide exceptional care, without exception, every patient, every time.
As a Security Officer, you will have a primary responsibility of keeping our staff, patients, and others safe and ensuring the safety and security of our facilities, so the staff can serve our patients. In this role, you will be a first responder to emergencies, CODES, and incidents requiring a security response to effectively resolve issues that arise.
You will work as part of a team or be assigned to posts that require a single Officer. Other responsibilities include patrolling the facilities and grounds, investigating incidents including theft, vandalism, assaults, and other criminal activity, and providing routine escorts, patrols, and security for events as designated. The position includes working numerous posts throughout the hospitals, behavioral health facilities, and clinics across the Valleywise Health System.
The Security Officer is critical to the success of our care teams and requires skills in collaborating with many other professionals. You will receive some of the best training in the industry in firearms, defensive tactics, de-escalation strategies, application of restraints, and tactics, including team response to Active Shooter incidents, tactical clearing of rooms, down-officer rescue, ballistic shield, and medical skills.
Officers will have opportunities to serve in different roles and for promotion to the Security Officer Level II position and Sr. Officer (Sergeant) level by meeting all training requirements, demonstrating initiative, leadership qualities, and successful service.
APPLY NOW to join one of the finest, most highly trained, professional healthcare Security Teams in the nation!
Valleywise Health is committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive benefits designed to help our employees and their families stay physically and financially fit. Known for the diversity of not only the community of patients we serve but also our workforce and the benefits we offer, such as:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 100% Pension Retirement Match
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Sick and Extended Illness Bank
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- And much more!
Hourly pay rate: $18.24 - $26.90
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Requires one (1) year of experience in a law enforcement or security field that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must successfully complete and pass the firearms training course and Security Services designated Qualification course within six (6) months of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must complete Defensive Tactics training within six (6) months of employment.
- Taser training is required and will be conducted during employment.
- Must attend all quarterly and annual training sessions, which include firearms, tactics, defensive tactics, medical skills, active shooter response, and other assigned tactical training.
- Must complete annual operational skills and on-the-job training.
- Must complete all annual training requirements in Hospitality, Emergency Procedures, Patrolling, Restraints, De-escalation, and Use of Force.
- Requires NCI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) certification through CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) within six (6) months of employment.
- Requires possession of and ability to retain a valid Arizona issued driver’s license in good standing (No Criminal Record).
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at the time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for a fingerprint clearance card.
- Must complete all required medical requirements, i.e., TB testing, FLU shot, and mask fitting.
- Must complete all assigned academic modules through APEX, Power DMS, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The position requires employees to carry and potentially use firearms.
- Requires a working knowledge of Arizona State Laws/City Ordinances, Public Relations, and Investigative techniques.
- Must be able to write legible, concise, and comprehensive security reports using correct grammar and spelling.
- Requires skill to exercise tact, understanding, self-restraint, judgment, and confidentiality in dealing with people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires a fitness level required to perform all duties, including response to emergencies, navigating multiple levels of stairs, physically controlling violent individuals, and completing all physical components of training requirements.