Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Security - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Security Manager, this position patrols the facilities and grounds effectively ensuring the safety of staff, visitors, and patients. Investigates losses, vandalism, assaults, and other criminal activity, and responds to emergency situations.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or Communication.
- Requires one (1) year of experience in a field related to law enforcement, or security that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must successfully complete and pass the firearms training course within six (6) months of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must complete Defensive Tactics training within six (6) months of employment.
- Taser training is preferred.
- Requires NCI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) certification through CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute) within six (6) months of employment.
- Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid AZ issued driver's license in good standing.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires a working knowledge of Arizona state laws/city ordinances, public relations and investigative techniques.
- Must have ability to write, legible, concise, comprehensive security reports using correct grammar and spelling.
- Requires skill to exercise tact, understanding, self-restraint, judgment, and confidentiality in dealing with people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.