Service Excellence Coordinator- Registered Nurse
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Service Excellence
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Director Professional Practice & Service Excellence, the Service Excellence Coordinator proactively engages with patients to identify and resolve potential issues before they become complaints. This position role models service standards and service recovery, mentors and supports staff and department leaders to address concerns and complaints at the point of service. Manages complaints and grievances promptly, collaborating with department managers and directors, staff and providers to prevent complaints from escalating to a grievance. Ensures reports are filed and follow up with patient completed within defined timelines. Supports Patient rights and responsibilities. Demonstrates creative problem solving with a focus on service excellence, teamwork and collaboration.
- Prefer a bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible nursing experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must have prior experience working in a hospital setting.
- Prefer experience in service excellence role and/or leadership position in healthcare.
- Midas reporting system.
- Requires a current, valid AZ RN license that is in good standing with the AZ Board of Nursing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent communication skills (oral, written, and electronic).
- Requires strong listening skills in an objective manner reflecting the patient’s perspective.
- Must have skill in interviewing and collecting pertinent data.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills/interpersonal interactions and have the ability to handle difficult and angry people constructively.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Requires strong prioritization skills and effective reporting (written and verbal) skills.