Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Simulation & Training Center Grant
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of the Manager of Professional Development or designee, this position works collaboratively with clinical practice educators, physicians, Simulation Specialist and Simulation Lab RN Coordinator to provide a simulation learning environment that mimics the clinical setting. Simulated learning will be designed to foster active learning, critical thinking, effective communication and the confidence and competence requisite for the provision of safe and high-quality patient care. This position collaborates with the Simulation Coordinator and Clinical Practice Educators to promote ongoing quality and patient safety in the provision of healthcare.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing.
- Prefer Master’s degree in Nursing Education.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible RN clinical practice and/or clinical educator experience utilizing a variety of simulation modalities.
- Must possess a current, valid AZ RN license; temporary AZ RN license; or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice.
- Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
- Prefer ACLS provider validation.
- Prefer PALS provider validation.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE®) is required within 2 years of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to lead others; work autonomously and in group settings; be highly motivated with a strong incentive to succeed.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs; manage time and stress effectively.
- Demonstrates effective problem solving, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Able to remain calm and customer focused during stressful situations.
- Requires knowledge of simulation technology including simulation-based learning using a variety of simulation modalities.
- Requires computer literacy including ability to use Microsoft Office, Electronic Health Record and knowledge of learning management systems.
- Requires ability to lead groups to achieve improvement outcomes and ability to handle multiple complex projects.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Role model for professional behavior and critical thinking.
- Requires ability to work with culturally diverse people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.