Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Simulation & Training Center Grant
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Professional Development Manager or designee, this position works collaboratively to establish a Simulation Lab learning environment that mimics the clinical setting and fosters active learning, critical thinking, effective communication and the confidence and competence requisite for the provision of safe and high-quality patient care. Collaborates with the Simulation Coordinator and Clinical Practice Educators to promote ongoing quality and patient safety in the provision of healthcare. This position manages and maintains the simulation equipment as well as setup and take down of equipment before and after simulation classes.
- Requires an associate degree in healthcare or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of human patient simulator related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with audiovisual equipment is preferred.
Specialized Training :
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) is required within 2 years of hire date.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire.
- ACLS and/or PALS certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible to work varying hours/days/evening/weekends.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft software applications including Word, Excel and Power Point, and the Internet.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.