Social Worker MSW Behavioral Health
Facility: Maryvale Campus
Department: BH Care Management
Schedule: Per Diem 4 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Psychiatric Social Work Manager and within an interdisciplinary team, the Psychiatric Social Worker performs professional social work services for psychiatric adult and geriatric inpatients. The Psychiatric Social Worker provides psychosocial assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge planning, psychotherapy with patients/families, utilization review, and coordinates all aspects of the court-ordered evaluation process.
Hourly Pay Rate: $36.60
This is a POOL position.
- Requires a Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health field such as Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, or Substance Abuse Counselor.
- Prior experience working with mental health is preferred.
- Pursuant to Arizona Administrative Code R9-10-306 CHAPTER 10 of the Dept. of Health Services, personnel must be at least 21 years of age, or at least 18 years of age and licensed or certified under A.R.S. Title 32, and providing services within the personnel member's scope of practice.
- Prefer LMSW or LCSW licensure through the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners.
- BH Unit 2 Adolescent: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit a completed Affidavit at the time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for a fingerprint clearance card.
- CPI certification and BLS Card training will be provided upon hire/transfer to the BH department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently and effectively in a multidisciplinary team with adults, families, and children.
- Requires excellent knowledge of community resources and knowledge of the DSM IV.
- Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed.
- Time management, flexibility, and positive customer service orientation are necessary.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.