Social Worker MSW Care Management
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: FQHC Clinic - McDowell
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager or Director of Care Management, the Social Worker, in partnership with the care managers, assists patients and families in adjusting to episodes of acute and chronic illness, coping with lifestyle changes precipitated by illness or disability, participating in restorative health programs, carrying out discharge recommendations, and addressing issues of death and dying. Using a variety of treatment modalities assists patients and families in the alleviation or resolution of social, financial, cultural, and emotional problems and barriers related to the patients' successful management of issues related to illness, health care, and rehabilitation. The Social Worker provides psychosocial assessment, discharge planning, coordination, community referrals, and support/counseling. While working in a multidisciplinary team, Social Worker coordinates services and provides comprehensive support for patient populations from neonate through geriatric.
Hourly Pay Rate: $28.08 - $42.42
- Requires a master’s degree in social work.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of Social Work experience in a healthcare setting or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- A current, unrestricted LMSW or LCSW is required within one (1) year from the date in position.
- Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety or submit a completed Affidavit at the time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for a fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a working knowledge of case management, hospital, and complex psychosocial interventions, and be well versed in community resource management.
- The position requires excellent communication and clinical skills and the ability to maintain professional rapport with physicians.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, working with professionals, and maintaining confidentiality standards.
- Critical thinking ability is essential.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and excellent organizational skills are required.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English.