Social Worker MSW- First Things First
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: Grants - FTF Care Coordination - Central Phoenix
Schedule: Grant FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Clinic Manager and Program Director and within an interdisciplinary team, the Social Worker performs professional social work service for children 0-5 and their families in the outpatient setting. The Social Worker performs intake assessments, evaluations for resources relating to healthy weight, asthma, developmental concerns and other needs identified to be beneficial for the child or family; coordination of outpatient care and resources, and counsels patients/families as a secondary need due to crisis situations. When necessary, the Social Worker will help facilitate the individual's contact with identified community resources, and will follow up with each patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year social work experience in a healthcare setting.
- A current or temporary Arizona LCSW or LMSW is preferred.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter and able to work on own, as well as work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with children aged 0-5 and their families.
- Requires excellent knowledge of community resources and knowledge of the DSM IV.
- Must have awareness and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Time management, flexibility, and positive customer service orientation necessary.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English, prefer Bi-lingual in Spanish.