Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD Ultrasound - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of an appropriate physician or supervisor, performs diagnostic/therapeutic procedures, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Assumes responsibility for tasks and procedures as assigned. The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit. Provides specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem-solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate program Ultrasound.
- Prefer two to three (2-3) years of ultrasound experience.
- Must be certified in Sonography by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in Abdomen or OB.
- Prefers to be certified in RVT or RVS.
- New graduates that complete their externship at Valleywise Health must obtain RDMS and RVT/RVS within one year of hire date.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly rate: $35.52 - $52.39
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $35.52 to $52.39/hour
$35.52 - $52.39
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38780