Special Procedures Technologist - Cath Lab
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Cath Lab - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Cardiologist/Radiologist, the Special Procedures Technologist shall provide radiographic services to patients. The technologist shall operate imaging equipment, during diagnostic and interventional / therapeutic procedures that require independent judgment to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Is responsible for providing clinical and technical care in the assigned unit, including patient education, patient identification, and patient preparation for procedures. Routinely scrubs in on cases, functioning in the scrub tech role assisting the Cardiologist/Radiologist. Provide specialized technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving and medical knowledge including anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. Correlates related patient data, apply physics principles in order to obtain optimal images for rendering a diagnosis.
- Requires an Associate's degree in Radiography and/or completed certificate program in Radiology.
- Must have at least two (2) years radiology experience with one (1) year special procedure experience preferred.
- Must have ARRT certification (RT)R and be licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services (AZDHS) Medical Radiologic Technology (MRT).
- Must have ARRT certification in Cardiac-Interventional Radiography (C.I.) or Vascular-Interventional Radiography (V.I.) within one year of employment in position.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.