Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Speech Therapy - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Clinical Supervisor Rehab, this position evaluates, plans, and implements appropriate treatment programs designed to help patients function independently. This position will evaluate progress, instruct the patient/family, and coordinate treatment with after care services to facilitate the rehabilitation of patients following disease, injury, or congenital defect.
- Requires a Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Prefer one (1) year of clinical Speech Language experience in inpatient and outpatient services (therapy school experience acceptable).
- Requires SLP licensure through the state of AZ Department of Health Services.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients and staff members.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet designated deadlines is required.