Sr. Cardiac Sonographer - 40 hrs. wk.
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD ECHO - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Medical Imaging Sonography, the Senior Technologist of Medical Imaging Echo will be expected to provide the highest quality Echo imaging care to our patients and referring services. This position works collaboratively with staff to prioritize and organize schedules and to triage routine and emergent procedures. The SR Echo Tech will mentor the technical and support staff assigned to include coordination of echo imaging and procedural education and training. Assists medical imaging management in the daily operations of the departments by working closely with patients, medical staff and other internal teams. Performs patient care. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Responsible for supplies on hand for procedures while keeping supply cost as close to budget as possible.
Education or equivalency:
* Requires an Associate Degree in Radiography or related field, and/or completed certification program in Ultrasound.
* Requires a minimum of three (3) years of broad-based experience in Echocardiography that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
* Noninvasive cardiac sonography to include stress echo, and transesophageal echocardiography.
* Pediatric Echocardiography is preferred.
* Must be registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or equivalent Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) in one of the following: Registered Cardiac Sonography (RCS), Advanced Cardiac Sonography (ACS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS).
* Additional licenses in Fetal Echocardiography (RDCS-FE), Pediatric Echocardiography (RDCS-PE) or Pediatric Congenital and Adult Congenital Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) is preferred.
* Requires BLS issued by the American Heart Association (AHA).
* Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire.
* Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date.
* Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Must demonstrate competent performance in adult echocardiograms and pediatric echocardiograms.
* Must have good oral and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work well with all departments and personnel related to echocardiography testing activities including additional technical and nursing staff, secretarial support, medical staff and vendors.
* Must be able to utilize inductive thinking for performance of many of the tests, along with the ability to evaluate patients well in a subjective manner.
* Must be able to work independently and be motivated to accomplish tasks that require self-direction.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians as well as nurses and other support staff in order to schedule tests effectively and report results accurately.
* Must be a responsible individual so that day to day activities will be accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.
Salary Range: $36.94 to $54.49