Sr Collections Specialist
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: Patient Financial Services
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor Collections and Manager Credit/Collections, protects and recovers the hospitals assets by monitoring accounts receivable; collecting delinquent accounts, appealing denials and underpayments, and making payment arrangements.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have minimum of three (3) years of medical collections related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of managed care contracts, commercial, work comp, government, and self pay collections.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the patients, and any other outside agency either verbally and/or written.
- Must have an understanding of healthcare billing guidelines.
- Needs organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Need system knowledge of HIS systems, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access database.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $17.54 to $25.87