Sr HIM Integrity Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Health Information Management - Operations
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Health Information Management (HIM) Supervisor, the Sr. HIM Integrity Specialist provides highly skilled support and training to staff while ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, accuracy, storage and destruction of all data in hard copy format is handled in a manner consistent with the administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements. This position leads staff in performing review of patient records and other data to determine appropriate disposition. This position also performs in-depth reviews to assist in locating the correct patient and applying the correct retention policies as appropriate and necessary. Delivers information that can be used to make informed business decisions, ensuring the provided information is accurate, relevant and error free. This position is essential to the process improvement cycle, identifying areas of opportunity and assisting with the planning, implementation and coordination of quality improvement projects and cost saving initiatives. Ensures compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of Protected Health Information (PHI), promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient and various hospital departments’ information.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Working towards completion of an Associate’s degree program is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible Health Information Management experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires the ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn within a short period of time.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in HIM database systems, Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Document Management (EDM) systems.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to categorize data both in an electronic and hard copy format.
- Must be able to work with others to understand the scope of document imaging capabilities within the EHR.
- Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Requires excellent organizational and team building skills.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- Critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to influence and adjust positively to change and follow through on all assignments.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan work activities and set effective priorities that are aligned with departmental and Valleywise Health operational and fiscal goals.
- Must be able to follow all federal and state regulations, as well as all Valleywise Health policies and procedures.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and strong customer service skills both verbally and in writing.
- Including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Requires knowledge in the use of a computer, fax machine, copier and scanner.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: $16.87 to $24.88