Sr Mechanical Tech
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Peoria
Department: Maintenance - Peoria
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this position will perform corrective, emergency, and preventive maintenance as required to meet the maintenance needs of the department. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting in the supervising and coordination of all maintenance on the hospital buildings (clinics, hospitals, ancillary building, etc), grounds, equipment, and vehicles in a timely and cost effective manner. This position assists with the planning, supervision and coordination of all hospital maintenance programs, works with management to ensure continuity of service during construction, participates in the planning, execution, and audits of fire drills and disaster drills, and performs all other duties as assigned by Manager or Director Facilities. Ensures compliance of maintenance staff and vendors with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer an Associate's degree in related field or completed specialized training obtained through a trade school.
- Requires at least five (5) years of progressively responsible journeyman level experience in one or more trades, which includes some of that experience coming from working in a hospital/healthcare environment.
- Within 60 days from start in position and prior to operating any Valleywise Health vehicle, must have and maintain a valid AZ driver's license.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have working knowledge of building systems codes, OSHA requirements, and knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Proven ability to take and follow direction in the daily performance of duties is required.
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited guidance.
- Must have excellent communication, organizing, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: $22.66 - $33.99