Sr Practice Manager
Facility: Valleywise Community Health Center - McDowell
Department: VCHC Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
At Valleywise, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our communities. We offer exceptional career development opportunities as well as a supportive and inclusive work environment. If you're ready for a career that makes a difference, explore what Valleywise can offer you.
This position provides clinical management, leadership, coordination, and operational direction for areas of responsibility within the Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC’s) of the Valleywise Health. This position oversees renewals and post award activities including financial and reporting requirements as well as provides leadership over these areas. This position assures that negotiations and approval processes for Grant and Research post-award activities are timely and accurate. Assures that Grant and Research Operations are conducted in compliance with approved federal regulations. Assures that grant operations are monitored and appropriately documented. In addition, has responsibility, as assigned and delegated, for conduct of grant and research projects; for the securing and management of grant, research and subcontracts and budgets; and for oversight of grant projects conducted at Valleywise Health.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires a master’s degree in in Nursing, Management, Health Care Administration, or related field, or have an equivalent combination of experience, training, and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform assigned tasks.
- Must have at least seven (7) years of clinical or progressive management experience. Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability, preferably working in a related management position in a healthcare setting relevant to the patient population and scope of care of the department(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a successful leader of people, have strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate a team.
- Must be able to decide how to allocate people, time and other resource to create, execute, and accomplish an operating or project plan on time and within budget.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with the ability to utilize the appropriate management techniques to plan, organize, control and coordinate activities.
- Must be able to manage priorities in a dynamic environment and adapt to change quickly and positively.
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed, as well as demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work as a team member with peers, other managers, staff and senior leadership.
- Must possess good customer service and communications skills, the ability to work with professionals and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Bi-lingual is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Computer knowledge with DOS and Windows-based systems a plus.
- Knowledge of operational reports and budgets is preferred.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.