Sr Registration Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Registration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the ED Registration Manager, this position is responsible for leading comprehensive registration functions in order to maintain an efficient operational work flow for all patients seeking services throughout Valleywise Health (VH). This position works with management and staff members to identify and resolve any issue that may impact revenue and reimbursement to VH. In addition, this position provides leadership in the management of departmental operations and major projects.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer an Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Must have at least five (5) years general clerical duties preferably in a healthcare environment involving data reconciliation.
- Prior healthcare registration and or scheduling experience a plus.
- Epic certification and HFMA certification preferred.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Must have working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management skills, mentoring and leadership skills are required.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate competency in all aspects of billing/collecting rules and regulations for all payers in order to direct, plan, schedule and organize work.
- Must be able to communicate and relate with patients and all hospital staff.
- Requires the ability to work independently on established policies and procedures within the department.
- Must have knowledge of Arizona Medicaid programs Medicare, AHCCCS, and other government programs.
- Knowledge of the federal and state Fair Debt Collection regulations.
- Knowledge of the Collection Department, including, commercial, managed care, work comp and self-pay guidelines.
- Requires organizational, general math, and training skills.
- Requires good patient service skills, interpersonal ability and demonstrated leadership skills to regularly interact with staff and leadership.