Sr Security Officer
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Security - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Security Manager, with minimal supervision, this position serves as the Lead Officer. Patrols the facilities and grounds effectively ensuring the safety of staff, visitors and patients. Investigates loss of property, vandalism, assaults, and other criminal activity. Completes daily activity logs, responds to emergency calls for service and prepares incident reports. Provides guidance to all Security Officers.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prefer an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or Communication.
- Requires at least three (3) years of experience in a field related to law enforcement, or security preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Defensive tactics, taser, and firearms qualification must be completed and passed successfully annually.
- Must have successfully completed and received a passing score in all required training i.e. defensive tactics, firearms, and taser training. Must receive a passing score annually.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license and be in good standing (no criminal record).
- Must have NCI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) certification through CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute).
- Position requires incumbent to carry and use firearm.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A working knowledge of Arizona state laws, public relations and investigative techniques.
- Ability to write, legible, concise, comprehensive security reports using correct grammar and spelling.
- Skill to exercise tact, understanding, self-restraint, judgment, and confidentiality in dealing with people.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
Salary Range: Hourly pay rate: $19.73 to $29.10