Supervisor Disaster Management and EOC Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Regulatory Compliance
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under general direction of the Director for Environment of Care / Disaster Management or designee, provides project management leadership to achieve regulatory compliance as assigned. Primary driver of compliance is Process Improvement. This position will audit/survey for physical/Life Safety and Disaster Management requirements under CMS, State, and DNV requirements and notification of the leaders of the findings and revalidate deficiencies corrected within 30 days, unless deemed immediate correction required. The role is accountable for following up and monitoring deficiencies cited by State, CMS, and or DNV to ensure compliance achieved.
Quality Care for Over 140 Years. Join a community where excellence is at the core of our culture, contributions are valued and a range of benefits and rewards are available to support you and your family throughout your Valleywise career.
Education or equivalency:
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field and either an RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years acute care clinical experience.
- A Master’s degree will substitute for 2 years of required experience.
- Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable.
- Must complete ongoing training through DNV ISO 9001 to ensure competency as an internal auditor for the organization.
- Required or to be completed within 12 months of hire date:
- OSHA 10 Hour training certificate
- FEMA Independent Study Courses: IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, IS-800
- OHSA 30 Hour training certificate
- HAZWOPER 40 Hour training certificate
- HERT Instructor
- ICS 300/400
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have strong computer literacy skills.
- Experience with project management software is preferred.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse people is a must.
- Must have excellent communication, time management and customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.