Supervisor Medical Imaging - Full Time - 40 hrs.
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: RAD Diagnostic - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager of Medical Imaging, the Medical Imaging Supervisor of Diagnostic will be expected to provide the highest quality Diagnostic (X-Ray) imaging care to your patients and referring services. This position will mentor the technical and support staff assigned to the diagnostic areas. Assists medical imaging management in the daily operations of the department by working closely with patients, medical staff and other internal teams and performs patient care.
- Requires an Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work. Prefer a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of technical medical imaging experience in Hospital diagnostic x-ray that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Proficient computer systems, knowledge of medical imaging information systems including PACS. Radiation Safety Training within 3 months.
- Renew Image Gently/Image Wisely certification training annually.
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R)
- Licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services in Radiography is required.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her unit.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his/her age specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the unit's departmental policies and procedures.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.