Supervisor Patient Access_Referrals
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Phoenix
Department: Patient Assistance Center
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Patient Access Manager, the Supervisor Patient Access provides leadership and oversight of the Patient Assistance Center. Supports and oversee incoming and internal referral processing, referral authorizations, and some if the Patient Assistance Center financial processes. This position is responsible for supervising day-to-day operations of the Referral Services department including workflow, training, hiring, and achieving daily benchmarks. Assist providers, members and/or internal customers with referral questions, issues and authorizations and centralized pre-services. Monitors productivity and performance standards while providing back-up coverage for all functions to enable the department to achieve its productivity and goals.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Prefer an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare profession or related field.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible patient access operations experience within the registration, scheduling, or referral process in a hospital or physician office setting that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience in a supervisory capacity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and understanding of insurance verification and DES/AHCCCS programs and eligibility factors.
- Requires excellent data entry skills including, 10-key by touch, and the ability to type 40 words per minute accurately.
- Basic math skills required.
- Must have the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Must be approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and have excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess the ability to think critically in stressful situations, effectively communicate both written and verbal, and strong computer skills and functional knowledge of systems and applications.
- Requires the ability to be a creative, independent thinker.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Data collections, interpretation skills required.
- Must be a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and processes.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.