Supervisor Patient Registration ED
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Registration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Patient Registration Manager, this position supervises Registration Specialist and/or ED/IP/OP Eligibility Specialist and provides back-up coverage for all functions to enable the department to achieve its productivity and financial goals. This position monitors and oversees the performance of Registration Specialist ensuring complete and accurate patient registration in compliance with hospital and regulatory standards including, customer service, financial counseling and collections. Provides financial training to staff and ensures that they fully understand revenue cycle reimbursement. Effectively communicates patient financial responsibilities or requirements as needed to physicians, nurses and other members of the Valleywise Health team. This position also facilitates communication between providers, patients and other hospital staff. Performs quality checks and audits on all staff members to identify and resolve issues that threaten billing and reimbursement. Maintains employee department files and provide timely feedback to staff.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of patient financial management, medical insurance, or related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer prior direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- EPIC Electronic Health Record or similar electronic record systems training preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and understanding of insurance verification and DES/AHCCCS programs and eligibility factors.
- Requires excellent data entry skills including, 10-key by touch, and the ability to type 30 words per minute accurately. Basic bath skills required.
- Data collection and interpretation skills required.
- Must be computer literate in a Windows environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate interviewing and investigative techniques in order to obtain information that may not be offered.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Time management and critical thinking skills are strongly preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.