Supervisor Respiratory Therapy - 36 hrs. Evenings
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Director of Cardiopulmonary, Neurophysiology, and Rehabilitation Services, this position is responsible for coordinating and supervising the activities within Respiratory Care Services, Pulmonary Function and Cardiology. The functions in this role are supervisor, expert clinician, educator, consultant and researcher. In collaboration with the medical staff, this position monitors technical duties, trouble shoots problems and crises, anticipates complications to help to prevent their development, and provides technical support to improve patient care and outcomes.
- Requires a graduate of a two (2) year A.M.A. approved Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Must have a minimum of three to five (3-5) years of clinical experience preferably with advanced clinical experience in Adult ICU and NICU/PICU.
- Current Arizona Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) licensure is required.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- ACLS, PALS, and NALS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Requires demonstrated competency in all aspects of respiratory care and pulmonary diagnostics as well as the ability to direct, plan, schedule and organize work, ensuring proper distribution of assignments and efficient utilization of personnel, space and facilities.
- Must be able to communicate and relate with patients, physicians, all hospital staff and the public.
- Requires the ability to work independently on established policies and procedures within the department.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.