Surgical Supply Specialist
Facility: Valleywise Comprehensive Health Center - Peoria
Department: Operating Room - Peoria
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Perioperative Business Manager, this position will provide for the acquisition of instrumentation, implants and supplies for all of the clinical areas of the Perioperative supply-chain departments including Inpatient Surgery, Outpatient Surgery, Anesthesia, PACU, PreOP and Central Sterile as well as other services as directed by the Perioperative Business Manager. Provides documentation of patient charges and monthly expenditures which contribute to reports submitted to the Director of Perioperative Services.
- Requires a high School diploma or GED.
- Must be a graduate from a Surgical Technology program and/or equivalent clinical training. A technologist with five (5) years of recent surgical tech experience may be accepted in lieu of completion of a surgical tech program.
- Must have at least two (2) years of progressively responsible Surgical Tech or RN experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer experience working with surgical instrumentation, supplies and equipment.
- Experience working with capital or operational budgets is also preferred.
- Certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist or licensure as a RN is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have advanced knowledge of anatomy, knowledge of surgical instrumentation and the care of equipment involved for patient safety.
- Requires knowledge of the many types and requirements associated with sterilization of each piece of equipment, basic infection control and supply chain management.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including the ability to evaluate software to interface with the operating room's strategy for future development.
- The ability to lead and organize department projects as assigned by the OR Clinical Manager or Perioperative Business Manager.
- Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets, and other related databases.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are required.