Surgical Tech Certified FT Days
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Operating Room - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Inspire healing, advance caring like never before and realize your potential at Valleywise Health. Valleywise is committed to delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families. Join us and make a difference in our communities.
Under minimal direction of the Nurse Manager, this position plans for and scrubs diverse surgical operations; anticipates needs of surgeons; assembles specialized OR equipment i.e. surgical drills; maintains an aseptic environment; and provides for patient safety. Cares for the instruments/equipment used. Operates simple and complex surgical equipment. Monitors sterilizers and sterilization processes. Participates as a team member during surgical operations and in accomplishing all the support work of the department.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Must have graduated from a vocational program for Surgical Technicians or Technologist. Three (3) years of on the job training experience may be accepted in lieu of completion of a vocational program.
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible Surgical Tech in a multi-specialty complex cases experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prefer three to five (3-5) years' experience with diverse surgical specialties.
- Certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) or Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C) is required and must be maintained.
- Must have Basic Cardiac Life Support certification.
- Ambulatory Clinics: Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires specialized knowledge and skills of OR practices.
- Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships.
- Must be able to lead and mentor other staff.
- Must be able to respond quickly and must be familiar with operating procedures in order to have instruments ready for surgeons.