Surgical Tech I
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Operating Room - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 36 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, this position plans for and scrubs diverse surgical operations; anticipates needs of surgeons; assembles specialized OR equipment i.e. surgical drills; maintains an aseptic environment; and provides for patient safety. Cares for the instruments/equipment used. Operates simple and complex surgical equipment. Monitors sterilizers and sterilization processes. Participates as a team member during surgical operations and in accomplishing all the support work of the department.
Days 36 hours per week.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- Must have graduated from a vocational program for Surgical Technicians or Technologist. Three (3) years of on the job training experience may be accepted in lieu of completion of a vocational program.
- Prefer three to five (3-5) years experience with diverse surgical specialties.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification is required.
- Requires BLS. A BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is preferred and will be required within 3 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires specialized knowledge and skills of OR practices.
- Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships.
- Must be able to respond quickly and must be familiar with operating procedures in order to have instruments ready for surgeons.
Salary Range: Hourly rate: $21.34 - $31.48
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $21.34 to $31.48/hour
$21.34 - $31.48
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 38184