Surgical Tech Pool
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Labor & Delivery - Roosevelt
Schedule: Per Diem 12 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, this position plans for and scrubs diverse surgical operations; anticipates needs of surgeons; assembles specialized OR equipment i.e. surgical drills; maintains an aseptic environment; and provides for patient safety. Cares for the instruments/equipment used. Operates simple and complex surgical equipment. Monitors sterilizers and sterilization processes. Participates as a team member during surgical operations and in accomplishing all the support work of the department.
Hourly pay rate: $30.00
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have graduated from a vocational program for Surgical Technicians or Technologist.
- Three (3) years of on the job training experience may be accepted in lieu of completion of a vocational program.
- Prefer three to five (3-5) years experience with diverse surgical specialties.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification is required.
- Requires BLS card obtained through an approved American Heart Association (AHA) training center is required upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires specialized knowledge and skills of OR practices.
- Utilizes effective communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships.
- Must be able to respond quickly and must be familiar with operating procedures in order to have instruments ready for surgeons.