SVP Strategy, Marketing & Communication
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Marketing & Communications
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, The SVP of Strategy, Marketing Communications has responsibility for strategy, business development, overall internal and external communications; and marketing, branding activity for Valleywise Health. The position leads efforts to identify and oversee the development, implementation, and sustainment of strategies to grow and differentiate Valleywise Health. These strategies may include innovative business models and programs, and payor strategies. This highly visible role will work collaboratively across the enterprise and externally to enhance the reach of Valleywise Health. Key to formulating strategies for the long term, this resource must be able to influence others to embrace a broader vision of what could be in the organization beyond what has already happened.
The Sr. VP serves as Valleywise Health’s chief marketing officer and is a key member of the leadership team. The Sr. VP presents and promotes Valleywise Health, increasing its visibility, while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic plans and goals of the health system. This position leads the development and implementation of brand vision and identity, business strategy and business development, and advertising and public relations, including a strong relationship management with media. Business Development primarily, although not exclusively, focuses on measurable volume-building campaigns for clinics as well as new opportunities that are catalysts that lead to new volume or generation of new volume. Additionally, the Sr. VP will lead or be directly involved in building relationships and business development opportunities within minority communities that are a significant and majority percentage of Valleywise Health patients.
- ‹‹‹Requires a master’s degree in marketing, communication, business administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible marketing and communications related experience preferably in a large, complex healthcare organization that demonstrates a deep understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated healthcare marketing and communications leadership ability including management of staff, budgets and multiple functional areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:‹‹‹‹‹‹‹
- Requires an understanding and demonstrated knowledge in marketing strategies, business development, media relations, internal and external communications, website management and social media.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to think creatively to develop and implement strategies to address complex system problems and opportunities.
- Requires the ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment and achieve results; and demonstrated success in building collaborative, high performing teams characterized by hands-on, results orientation aligned with strategic plans and goals.
- Requires excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Requires ability to effectively interact with senior management and board members and operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Must be an entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage and lead large organizations through periods of rapid and numerous changes.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.