Systems Engineer Epic Remote Position
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Infrastructure & Operations
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Help us build a strong foundation. Valleywise depends on technology in every shape and form-creating, connecting, and powering care. Our IT professionals are an integral part of our success, utilizing cutting-edge tools to truly make a difference in the communities we serve. Explore what a career at Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of the Sr Manager Engineering and Infrastructure, this position applies IT methods, professional knowledge, and Valleywise Health standards and practices and intuitively grasps familiar, stable system performance situations as it relates to converged infrastructure. The position focuses on how to design and manage complex systems over their life cycle taking into consideration topics such as requirements management, reliability management, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements in terms of trade-off studies, and other disciplines and become critical tasks when dealing with large or complex projects. Also deals with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management in every engineering engagements. Considers multiple business domains viz., clinical management systems, business management systems, biomedical systems, and many frameworks such as architectural methods, engineering methods, SDLC, quality assurance, ITSM and project management. Recognizes subtle problems with system design or performance and acts appropriately to improve the condition, seeking validation of actions in advance as appropriate. Manages relationships with business partners, professional peers, and other team members.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for required experience.
- Requires three (3) years of structured systems analysis, design, development, or systems engineering related experience that demonstrates knowledge of at least one converged domain and an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Within 18 months in position must possess certification in a minimum of one (1) converged domains advance level AND one (1) domain at an intermediary level that demonstrates a technical understanding and literacy within the areas of converged specialization viz. domains of Compute, Storage, Networking, Data Center and infrastructure Services.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of methods viz.: Systems Engineering, and ITIL and an understanding and awareness of Project Management, Financial Management and Security.
- Knowledge of biomedical devices is desirable.
- Must demonstrate working understanding of server systems and utilities, and disaster recovery procedures and assists in disaster recovery testing.
- Must be able to identify, determine the cause of, and correct common instances of system/server performance degradation.
- Must be able to develop specification of Host/ Server/ Desktop hardware components, perform basic hardware sizing for a particular platform, and troubleshoot common platform problems.
- Must understand and be able to articulate Platform security architecture.
- Requires ability to maintain integrity and performance of an operating system environment, and maintain production change control schedule and supports change control activity.
- Must be knowledgeable in system hardening techniques as well as user access levels.
- Must be able to create, expand and maintain relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Must be attentive to communications interaction, demonstrate comprehension of detailed information, and adapt to a variety of verbal styles and modes of persuasion.
- Must be able to bring conflict into the open and help resolve conflict and create a friendly climate and good morale and cooperation.
- Must be reliable, have ability to inspire performance and addresses issues effectively, and take bold and decisive action despite risks, conflicts and uncertainty.
- Must be able to communicate a compelling vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.