Systems Engineer III
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Infrastructure & Operations
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Sr Manager Engineering and Infrastructure, this position proficiently applies IT methods, professional knowledge, and Valleywise Health standards and practices and intuitively grasps familiar, stable system performance situations as it relates to converged infrastructure. The position focuses on how to design and manager complex systems over their life cycle taking into consideration topics such as requirements management, reliability management, logistics, coordination of different teams, evaluation measurements in terms of trade-off studies, and other disciplines and become critical tasks when dealing with large or complex projects. Also deals with work-processes, optimization methods, and risk management in every engineering engagements. Considers multiple business domains' viz., clinical management systems, business management systems, biomedical systems, and many frameworks such as architectural methods, engineering methods, SDLC, quality assurance, ITSM and project management. Recognizes subtle problems with system design or performance and acts appropriately to improve the condition, seeking validation of actions in advance as appropriate. Manages relationships with business partners, professional peers, and other team members. Acts as primary contact for dealing with challenging and complex technical issues. In addition, this position mentors, develops junior analysts, and educates others on best practices.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience; and a Doctorate degree may substitute for all required experience.
- Requires five (5) years of progressively responsible structured systems' analysis, design, development, or systems engineering related experience that demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of at least two converged domains and a thorough understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Systems "Network" Engineer: Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience, training and certification using and supporting the following technologies:
- Cisco Data Center Technologies
- VMware NSX
- Palo Alto
- Within 18 months in position must possess certification in a minimum of two (2) converged domains (advance level) that demonstrates a technical understanding and literacy within the areas of converged specialization viz. domains of Compute, Storage, Networking, Data Center and infrastructure Services.
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of Compute, Storage, Networks or Telecommunications and utilities by being able to design and implement its configurations.
- Must have knowledge of methods viz.: Systems Engineering, and ITIL and an understanding and awareness of Project Management, Financial Management and Security.
- Knowledge of biomedical devices is desirable.
- Requires ability to conduct platform studies and performance analyses and recommends changes, and design methods/tunes systems/servers/networks to high performance.
- Must be able to lead implementation and deployment efforts, and documentation and maintenance of hardware platform policies and procedures.
- Must be able to create solutions to resolve complex operational problems, collaborating with vendors and users as required, and identify trends that warrant immediate attention.
- Requires ability to provide guidance to management in predicting performance and capacity and addressing related issues.
- Must be able to perform performance tuning, error tracking, and debugging, develop and executes complex change implementation plans, and resolve complex operational problems and determines root cause.
- Must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of system/servers and utilities by designing and implementing configuration.
- Must be able to execute thorough disaster recovery testing procedures; perform system management for complex development efforts; and set up most development environments with little or no supervision from lead system administrator.
- Must be able to work with development team to configure and troubleshoot applications.
- Requires ability to design complex hardware/platform infrastructure and interfaces.
- Must be able to perform complex hardware sizing, troubleshoot complex hardware problems, perform as hardware resource lead on most projects, and develops high availability hardware platform designs.
- Must be able to create, expand and maintain relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Must be attentive to communications interaction; demonstrate comprehension of detailed information; and adapt to a variety of verbal styles and modes of persuasion.
- Must be able to bring conflict into the open and help resolve conflict; and create a friendly climate and good morale and cooperation.
- Must be reliable; have ability to inspire performance and addresses issues effectively; and take bold and decisive action despite risks, conflicts and uncertainty.
- Must be able to communicate a compelling vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Requires the ability to guide others to setting goals that are aligned with organizational vision, culture, policies and practices.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.