Systems Integration Engineer
Facility: Tempe Diablo Technology Park
Department: IT Business Applications & Solutions
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Help us build a strong foundation. Valleywise depends on technology in every shape and form-creating, connecting, and powering care. Our IT professionals are an integral part of our success, utilizing cutting-edge tools to truly make a difference in the communities we serve. Explore what a career at Valleywise can offer you.
Under the direction of the IT Application Architect, the System Integration Engineer III works collaboratively with clinical/business leads and technology team members to design, test, evaluate, and support interfaces using integration engine and related tools in a healthcare environment. Acts as primary contact for dealing with challenging and complex issues. In addition, this position mentors, develops junior engineers, and educates others on best practices.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. A Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for up to two (2) years of required experience; and a Doctorate degree may substitute for all required experience.
- Requires five (5) years of progressively responsible systems integration related experience that demonstrates a high level of understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in the deployment and development of system integration solutions necessary to run the healthcare systems business, clinical or financial systems.
- Prefer certification(s) related to system integration application(s)/system(s).
- Must have a valid fingerprint clearance card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety OR submit a completed Affidavit at time of hire. Must complete fingerprint clearance card application within seven (7) days of hire date. Must present actual card within 90 days of applying for fingerprint clearance card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of system integration design principles.
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills, including defining severity and demonstrating appropriate escalation.
- Knowledge of data analysis, business analysis, protocols, specifications, scripting, data architecture, programming, database administration, and standards compliance is required.
- Prefer a working knowledge of HL7 interfaces.
- Must be able to create solutions to resolve complex operational problems, collaborating with vendors and users as required, and identify trends that warrant immediate attention.
- Must have good math and reasoning skills. Must be able to maintain accountability for the timely resolution of specific issues and problems within a particular area, application, database, technology or system.
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with independent judgment.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including ability to inform, advise, instruct and persuade.
- Must demonstrate the ability to collect and analyze complex data.
- Requires ability to exercise considerable individual judgment and initiative in conducting the necessary facilitation and resolution of application/system design.
- Must be able to develop initiatives in innovative manner for effective resolution.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct effective presentations; assess priorities and self-time manage through deliverables; and coordinate activities with diverse groups and individuals.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.