Transcriptionist - Lab - Days - 40 hrs. wkly.
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: LAB Anatomic Pathology - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Medical Technologist Supervisor, this position provides clerical support to the pathologists and other health care workers by interpreting and transcribing dictation to produce a diagnostic patient report. This also includes post mortem examinations. This area also assists Histology and Cytology as time allows with various tasks that might include ordering tests, pulling slides, etc. Transcription works closely with the Executive Administrative Assistant to ensure the department functions smoothly.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Requires a minimum of six (6) months of medical transcription, preferably with pathology experience.
- Transcription certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.
- Requires excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Analytical skills are strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease processes, signs and symptoms, medications, and laboratory values is required.
- Must have knowledge of pathology dictation.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Must be able to understand diverse accents and dialects and varying dictation styles.