Transporter - Internal Transportation Services - Nights - Part Time
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Internal Transport Services
Schedule: Regular PT 24 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Manager Volunteer & Internal Transport, this position will perform work of transporting patients, equipment, laboratory specimens, deceased patients, blood and plasma within the hospital and CHC buildings. This position enhances the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to their job.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Prefer six (6) months experience.
- Heart Saver certification issued by the American Heart Association is required and must be obtained within 60 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires the ability to maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following established standards and procedures and comply with federal and state legal regulations and DNV requirements.
- Requires the ability and strength to move patients and equipment throughout a hospital and spend most of the day on their feet.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
- Requires the ability to work with professionals, and maintain confidentiality standards.
- Prefer knowledge of job-tracking, Epic and Ascom phone systems.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English. Bi-lingual preferred.