Trauma Process Improvement Coordinator RN BSN MSN
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Trauma Services - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the general direction of the Trauma Program Manager, this position oversees both trauma care quality and efficient coordination of care from pre-hospital to rehabilitation/trauma clinic. This position will monitor the clinical processes, outcomes and system issues related to the quality of care provided. Develop and uses quality filters, audits and case reviews; identify trends, near misses and sentinel events; and develop action plans while maintaining confidentiality. Coordinates and provides trauma education, and injury prevention training to hospital staff, EMS personnel, rural emergency departments, fire departments, and the communities Valleywise serves. This position will also prepare and maintain documentation required for the American College of Surgeons verification and State designation as a Level I trauma center
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing.
- Must have a three (3) years recent clinical experience in Trauma (ICU, ED (Level 1 or 2) or Pre-hospital Trauma Care related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess a current valid AZ RN license, temporary AZ RN license, or valid compact RN licensure for current state of practice. Must also be in good standing with the issuing Board of Nursing.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license and be in good standing.
- Requires current certification in ACLS, PALS, ATCN or TNCC.
- ATCN or TNCC instructor preferred.
- CEN, CCRN, TCRN Preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to be self-directed.
Requires knowledge and skill in professional nursing practice, trauma care, and trauma systems, principles of teaching and learning, and quality assurance.
Familiarity with quality assurance/risk management programs.
Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing including knowledge of basic grammar, spelling & punctuation.
Requires computer literacy in Microsoft Applications and the electronic medical record.
Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.