Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Burn Support - Roosevelt
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of the Trauma Program Manager, the Trauma Registrar is responsible for the collection/abstraction of required state and national trauma data bank elements into the Trauma One Trauma Registry database on all patients meeting state or national trauma inclusion criteria. Maintains the confidentiality of the registry data and provides registry data as appropriate.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have minimum of two (2) years of medical records, HIM or similar related experience that demonstrates an understanding of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Requires availability to complete ICD-10-CM coding course, and American Trauma Registrar Course-Basic and Advanced, within one year of employment based on course availability.
- A Certified Trauma Registrar certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of data management, anatomy and conditions of injury, coding and injury scoring concepts, and state and trauma registry systems.
- Must understand the importance of the trauma registry to define process improvement needs by analysis of patient outcomes, allow benchmarking of outcomes, assist with injury prevention initiatives, identify information required for trauma related research, and ultimately improve the care of the trauma patient.
- Requires an understanding of computer operations and knowledge of medical terminology, coding, and anatomy and physiology.
- Must be able to provide accurate ICD10 diagnosis and procedure coding, Abbreviated Injury Scale scoring according to the Association of Automotive Medicine, and must stay current on knowledge of changing technology and updates.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.