VP Support Services
Facility: Valleywise Health Medical Center
Department: Hospital Administration
Schedule: Regular FT 40 Hours Per Week
Under the direction of a Chief Administrative Officer , the Vice President of Support Services is responsible for the oversight, management and performance of health systems support departments; serves as an institutional leader in health system committees; and participates in, and leads as appropriate, organizational initiatives and special projects. This position is accountable for planning, organizing, and directing support departments to ensure that quality patient care is provided. Direct responsibilities include: Safety and Security, Nutrition Services, Clinical Dietitians, Facilities, Environmental Services and Laundry.
- Requires a master’s degree in health services administration, business administration, nursing or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- ‹‹‹‹‹Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible healthcare leadership experience in a large, complex health care organization that demonstrates a deep understanding of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience must include demonstrated leadership ability including management of staff, budgets and multiple functional areas.
- Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- ‹‹‹‹‹‹Must have demonstrated success in guiding hospital operations.
- Must be able to build solid relationships with physicians, clinicians, staff and community.
- Must be familiar with all related healthcare concepts, practices, policies and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable of DNV, HIPAA, AAAHC and other healthcare governing bodies.
- Requires the ability to demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment and achieve results; and demonstrate success in building collaborative, high performing teams characterized by hands-on, results orientation aligned with strategic plans and goals.
- Requires excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Requires ability to effectively interact with senior management and board members and operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Must be an entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage and lead large organizations through periods of rapid and numerous changes.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak effectively in English.